Sunday 22 September 2013

Back on track with Fototriss!

I haven't participated in the last few Fototriss challenges, one due to not really having anything to shoot on that particular theme, and another one due to being away.
But anyway, this week I'm back on track, and the theme is "Lovely Autumn".
 
I was experimenting with shutter speed when I was shooting the candles, and I think this one turned out really nice. I used the self timer, 2 sec exposure time, and softly blew on the flames to create some movement in the photo.
Lighting candles makes the world a brighter Place
 I've been wanting to play around with water and short exposure time for a long time, and today I managed to capture a few raindrops. Still have a long way to go with these kind of photos, but it was really good fun, and I really got to challenge myself. Had to turn ISO up to 800 to get any kind of ok exposure, and I don't even think that was enough... Hence a lot of noise in this photo, but in b/w I think it gives it a bit of character.


Raindrops keep fallin' on my head....

I love autumn and the produce it gives. Apples, pears, plums - not to mention all the fabulous root vegetables. Cooking in autumn is fantastic....! The apples are lying on top of my sofa table, which is really great for reflecting things...

Apples freshly picked from the tree outside my flat
Check out more Fototriss HERE, or take part yourself.

Until next time!

xxx Smootchie

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Typical för the autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riktigt fina bilder! =) Speciellt den sista bilden, som blev min favorit =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variations on the autumn theme.

    ReplyDelete